Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Add me on steam..I'm about to go to bed, and if nobody on this forum, or elsewhere has been able to give you helpful advice, I will help you tomorrow.

My best guess would be what Psycho said, I would start out that way. If that doesn't work, and nothing came up with malwarebytes try to disable all the plugins on the browser..if that fixes it, re-enable one by one until the issue comes up, then remove the plugin that's causing it.

If that doesn't work, try a re-installation of said browser.

If none of those suggestions work for you, add me on steam and tomorrow I'll put some time aside to lend a hand and fix it.

Edit:
Going to bed as I said, but before I did..I did a simple quick google of the issue: If you see any of these in your addon folder turn them off

The add-ons you will be looking for are Facetheme, Beautify Facebook, facicons, Yontoo Layers, Smiley Central, Smiley District, PageRage Toolbar, mystery toolbar, Profilecraze, Social-plus, Facecoolsmileys, OpinionSquare, Iminent, Buzzdock, Connectbar, Elriel, Dropdowndeals, Coupon Companion, Crush Revealed, Secret Crush Revealer, Webfetti, Bandoo, Celtic, Angels, Alot, Game Play Labs, HyperCam toolbar, Babylon toolbar, BCool, Video Saver(may be listed as vidsaver), savings app,giant savings, Amazing Apps, Somoto, FunMoods(This one can be DIFFICULT--recommend you use a malware remover. I suggest Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. See NOTE2 below.), Fantapper, Dislike Button, SweetIm, Better Facebook, Youtube plug-in, on Chrome also look for a 'Linked-in' extension, 'photo zoom app', I Want This!, DivX Plus Web Player HTML5, Shockwave, 1clickdownload, Codec-C(an add-on that may come with an update for your media player), Codec-V, Timeline Remover(may be called Remove Facebook Timeline), Research--with no publisher, Jointabs, etc.

I have no idea if this is related to your issue, but it's all I could do with the two minutes I looked into it. As I said, glad to help tomorrow if you don't find an answer.

Last edited:

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Too much panic out of nothing. Download ADS blocker (eg AdMuncher) and see what's gonna happen.
I have added 5 different types but not this and will try it thanks.
Use a different browser.
Tried this and didn't work it is effecting all browsers even with removing and reinstalling.
Add me on steam..I'm about to go to bed, and if nobody on this forum, or elsewhere has been able to give you helpful advice, I will help you tomorrow. "Helpful info"
Looking thru the list I dont see anything but I maybe looking in the wrong place.
These are the extensions not sure if it is the same as and add-on.
5a56830f9ec13da8d2d9182a6632bb69.png

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Ad muncher is not working as well....getting close to just reformatting this mess I have made.

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I see "great arcade hits" under your extensions. I often see that program and a few others hitch a ride on an installation package. If you downloaded a media program recently then that crap tends to be bundled in when you do a regular install. View your install/uninstall programs by date and see if you had a chunk installed recently and Uninstall them and then run your scans again.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I see "great arcade hits" under your extensions. I often see that program and a few others hitch a ride on an installation package. If you downloaded a media program recently then that crap tends to be bundled in when you do a regular install. View your install/uninstall programs by date and see if you had a chunk installed recently and Uninstall them and then run your scans again.
It actually came with one of the malware removal tools someone said to get so it came after the problem.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Just noticed that nexdef.exe and when I looked it up it says it could be harmful but I am getting to the point if I remove any more things is it going to mess my computer up if I remove the wrong thing?