Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I have been dealing with a 2nd window pop up when I go to any and all websites. If I hit a link or go to a different page it loads what is one time a "google ads" sometimes it is a "update for flashplayer" and is getting annoying as I cant find why it is doing this.

I use google chrome but when I tried it with firefox it still does this as well. I have used 3 different virus scans microsoft security essentials, Super anti-spyware, and advance systems care with them all finding no solution. I also have looked thru add ons for the respective browsers.

Any help in removing this would be greatly appreciated as I just can't figure out a solution and know a few of you are way more knowledgeable on these things than I am.

Thanks

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
How do I remove this as the options I usually use are not getting rid of it. I have run multiple scans and they only find the usual cookies but nothing else or is my only option to wipe my HD and reinstall?

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I downloaded spybot and it has found nothing and actually Im getting more pop ups....I think im screwed.
If you have the opportunity, download an antivirus program onto a clean flash drive from a clean computer, and run the antivirus from the flash drive on the infected computer.
(It sounds like the YTdownloader virus, but I can't be sure. You can check your running processes for things that are suspicious)

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
If you have the opportunity, download an antivirus program onto a clean flash drive from a clean computer, and run the antivirus from the flash drive on the infected computer.
(It sounds like the YTdownloader virus, but I can't be sure. You can check your running processes for things that are suspicious)
How do I check my running processes and then how would I know what is suspicious?

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The cleaners say "Trojan.startpage" and that it will be quarantined. I look up the YTD one and it has a lot of things I get but the what they say to do is not working as well.

sov

Legendary Skial King
This is happening to me, but only in Internet Explorer, nothing pops up on the desktop. Not sure what it is. It gets annoying whenever I try to open a new link because it takes me to some Adobe update page (Can't remeber exactly what it wanted me to "update"). But I do see in the tab button, where you click to change tabs, it says changes links, one of the is "Sup!"

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Too much panic out of nothing. Download ADS blocker (eg AdMuncher) and see what's gonna happen.