krze

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
SSDs are great as a boot drive. One of the best single upgrades ever to my PC.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Necrobump.
Newegg.com has 128GB Samsung 830 Series 2.5" SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD (MZ-7PC128B/WW) for $99.99 - $15 w/ promo code EMCYTZT1974 = $84.99 with free shipping.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Don't buy OCZ. They are shit with firmware errors and half their SSDs are unusable, that's why they're so cheap.
They weren't doing so well at the beginning of the vertex three release, but I think it's improved since. I've had a vertex two going on two years now and I have had no problems.

critical man

Uncharitable Spy
They weren't doing so well at the beginning of the vertex three release, but I think it's improved since. I've had a vertex two going on two years now and I have had no problems.
I would still go for a Samsung 830 Series or a Crucial M4 purely because of their better track record. OCZ's power supplies are also not recommended by most websites.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I would still go for a Samsung 830 Series or a Crucial M4 purely because of their better track record. OCZ's power supplies are also not recommended by most websites.
I'd like to point out that the Crucial M4 was having issues at release just like the vertex three. I'm a fan of crucial myself as well, though when I bought mine they weren't as competitive cost wise as the vertex series was. Now with all the other offerings it's hard to make a choice though, I love how cheap they've gotten.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'd like to point out that the Crucial M4 was having issues at release just like the vertex three. I'm a fan of crucial myself as well, though when I bought mine they weren't as competitive cost wise as the vertex series was. Now with all the other offerings it's hard to make a choice though, I love how cheap they've gotten.
As far as I know Crucial M4 used to crash upon 2 month of usage.