pkm

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
People see someone that's better than them, and since they already think they're hot shit, they assume that anyone that is doing better than them is hacking.

And this is why I miss lan centers. Online you can always convince yourself that the better player is hacking, when you're standing behind them watching, its a bit harder to do.

Oli

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Ok, for all those saying the evidence is needed, I have one simple question: When this guy plays on Turbine us5.skial.com, shouldn't a ban vote of 23 yes and 4 no kick him out of the server?

Please let me know, because I would expect an 85% yes vote to pass.

Mewkin

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
Ok, for all those saying the evidence is needed, I have one simple question: When this guy plays on Turbine us5.skial.com, shouldn't a ban vote of 23 yes and 4 no kick him out of the server?

I don't know exactly how points work out, but it seems that when it comes to a ban at least 90 points are needed. It usually only takes 2-3 No's to not have it not pass.

lordthree

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor

yea... votes must be broken. this vote has been called 10 times in the past hour. everyone says aimbot. More demo's appear to be required.

It's pretty silly that the consensus is that "they're just a pro" or "he's not good enough to be hacking". A good hacker will humanize the aimbot. Google it... these aimbots are untraceable by VAC (VAC is a joke btw) and can be turned on and off or tweaked for just body shots. We'll just have to wait for more demos I guess.

It's gonna look pretty silly tho once this is proved.

(BTW)... the very fact that this has come up 3 times should be telling...

No, they aren't going to be obvious when 5 people are speccing them. No they aren't a MLG pro sniper. As I've said before, there are WAY better snipers than this that nobody is complaining about. Funny that the people who are voting are (for the most part) not ever in turbine, don't know this clown, and think that speccing for 3 minutes is all the proof they need.

more demos... right right... I dunno ... it seems hit-you-over-the-head obvious at this point.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
yea... votes must be broken. this vote has been called 10 times in the past hour. everyone says aimbot. More demo's appear to be required.

It's pretty silly that the consensus is that "they're just a pro" or "he's not good enough to be hacking". A good hacker will humanize the aimbot. Google it... these aimbots are untraceable by VAC (VAC is a joke btw) and can be turned on and off or tweaked for just body shots. We'll just have to wait for more demos I guess.

No, they aren't going to be obvious when 5 people are speccing them. No they aren't a MLG pro sniper. As I've said before, there are WAY better snipers than this that nobody is complaining about. Funny that the people who are voting are (for the most part) not ever in turbine, don't know this clown, and think that speccing for 3 minutes is all the proof they need.

more demos... right right... I dunno ... it seems hit-you-over-the-head obvious at this point.

Oh sorry mate. We'll just give all the people that play on the servers admin so they can decide who they want banned. People can only be banned based on the evidence provided, and so far, that evidence hasn't been that great.

Is it inconceivable that he's cheating? No. Can he see that people are speccing him and stop? Yes. Can anything be done about that? Not currently.

I think if you were in the same situation, you'd prefer the admins were actually positive you were hacking before they banned you because a fuckton of people are bitching about you. On the flip side I can see your point of view too, I know it sucks to play against someone like that.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor

I wish I got a bunch of angry accusing posts like these directed at me as well. I'm obviously not good enough.

But seriously, you're the only one looking silly here until you scrap together some proof yourself. And VAC a joke? The only joke here is that statement.

So yeah, proof or no bans.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I dunno, I've been in tf2 and turbine a bit more recently and seen him on server. i'll go spec because lulz afk or because i notice him and he really doesn't get any magically better or worse whenever I spec him. he still wobble strafes and does pass over the head quickscope head shots as opposed to charged shots. Like, I know people that are better than him. I know he isn't amazing. I ain't even that great though
:(

if he's an aimbot it's a disappointing one.

lordthree

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
if he's an aimbot it's a disappointing one.

Aimbots don't make you invincible. If you google around you see they can be tweaked A LOT. You can turn then on and off with a key, set it for the fire key, or even set it to auto-fire when the crosshair is over a guys head. Any hacker worth his salt wouldn't be aimbotting at 100% capacity 100% of the time.

wokmage

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Aimbots don't make you invincible. If you google around you see they can be tweaked A LOT. You can turn then on and off with a key, set it for the fire key, or even set it to auto-fire when the crosshair is over a guys head. Any hacker worth his salt wouldn't be aimbotting at 100% capacity 100% of the time.

Yes, and I've seen some of the high quality aimbot programs (the kind that cost you $30/month or more) in action first-hand. If this guy is using something like that, he's using so little of its capabilites that his performance is identical to somebody who's actually a little talented and has put in the kind of hours his steam profile would suggest. Without some more compelling evidence nobody here should feel comfortable banning him.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
That's nice and all, but it really doesn't matter how much theoretical information you come with, this guy won't get banned unless you can provide some real evidence that makes us 100% sure he's hacking. You don't put someone on the electric chair unless you know for sure that the guy is guilty.

Unless you're in North Korea (lol just kidding they don't even have electricity there)

Reactions: Isil

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I hereby accuse you of hacking. Why? Because you've gotten lucky shots with the loch-n-load and I think that means you must be hacking for those shots only because a hacker wouldn't use his aimbot 100% of the time.

my argument is totally valid right?

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Good players attract negative attention on internet video games. Negative attention means "Hey this kid is better than me, here's a vote to get rid of him - I'm going to vote yes."
I'm not quite sure why it is you're arguing that they want some proof of him hacking instead of word of mouth? I could easily have friends flood this server and say you hack - should they ban you just because a large portion of people think you do? He isn't playing a class like pyro, or soldier who rarely get accused of hacking despite how good they are - unfortunately as a good sniper he's going to get a lot of people accusing him, because certainly there can't possibly be another player in the world better than the person who started the votes!

End of the day, asking you for proof of him hacking when you can simply go into spec and record a demo and submit it, is not an unreasonable request before they permanently disallow this man from playing on any of the 8000000000000000 skial servers. I'm sure you'd want the same courtesy if people thought you were hacking.

Edit:
Also to Lordthree: You're right, most of the people commenting aren't on turbine regularly - so therefor we are judging from the information and demos you've provided us, which at this point in time at least in my opinion - is sub par.

Oli

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Cheating or not.
Proof needed or not.
Regardless, when a vote is 85%, it should pass, shouldn't it? It's not permanent. But then again, I do understand how people might not agree with this statement.

Anyways, next time he's in the server, aimbotting or not, I'll make sure he's my no.1 target. Backstabs after backstabs. I'll make him a paranoid sniper. Oh, and I need practice with my ambassador too!

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Regardless, when a vote is 85%, it should pass, shouldn't it?
It's there to prevent griefing. Although I usually agree with that the number of required votes needs to be lowered, situations like these makes me think that perhaps it shouldn't be.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Cheating or not.
Proof needed or not.
Regardless, when a vote is 85%, it should pass, shouldn't it? It's not permanent. But then again, I do understand how people might not agree with this statement.

Anyways, next time he's in the server, aimbotting or not, I'll make sure he's my no.1 target. Backstabs after backstabs. I'll make him a paranoid sniper. Oh, and I need practice with my ambassador too!
I believe the vote is closer to 91%, I'm not absolutly positive on that.

Good luck, he moves around a lot and doesn't stand around scoped in all day.