• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't think it does, melee kills while charging still counts as a kill while charging and valve also added that kills with the shield itself also refills charge meter.
I have had a good few kills with the shield while charging, it hasn't once refilled the charge meter, broken or by design... who knows.
I think nerfing the shield by removing the turn speed and buffing the boots to that godlike turn speed is the way to go. Even though it kind of makes sense with the shields design.
That would be an ideal solution, the boots have never done much for turning speed, the splendid screen would be downright awesome with that kind of turning ability.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Think I figured it out, with the tide turner, it only recharges when you get a kill with it, not when it's a kill assist... this is what I can ascertain from playing a few more games of "kill the conga".

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't know, I don't have one yet. My brother crafted a Backscatter and he said it was really good.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
After trying the rest out, I love them! Back scatter is my favorite out of the new ones though.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
use the Air Strike with it. you'll know why it exists.

Actually, it works well with the Black Box as a substitute to Gunboats, since 2*15 = 30 and a standard rocket jump costs 39-41 HP, you actually end up with more HP than just relying on the Gunboats (assuming you only hit one person with each rocket), while the BASE Jumper helps negate fall damage and can assist you in getting to places with one or two rockets where you'd otherwise require more. I did my week 51 update using this combination. I do prefer Black Box + Concheror still (in pubs, anyway), but I feel that it's a nice combination.

Still, the Air Strike with the BASE Jumper is also pretty awesome, but it requires a lot more aim and patience than I have. 15% reduced splash radius doesn't seem like much, but it's gotten me killed quite a few times. I'd need to get used to it, I think. I guess Direct Hit mains might do a bit better with it than I did.

I haven't even found any new weapons or new taunts :(

I crafted all of the new weapons and unboxed three Jarate reskins and two Mad Milk reskins. I then traded the extras for the ones I was missing as well as a Bread Box, which gave me a strange Jarate reskin.

I also crafted the #30 Frymaster, which I sold for 6 keys. That was nice.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
BJ- ez market gardening

I'm sorry, but BJ's make it much harder.

*Insert sex joke here cause hurr durr*

As far as my actual thoughts on each:

BS - Good for new Scouts trying to learn how to play the class, as it enforces good practices on you. Bad for experienced Scouts that already know how to play the class.
AS - Fun, but the radius reduction is a much bigger deal than you'd think and it requires a lot more patience than I have
TT - Valve's official stance is that they want to replace the Demoman class with a melee-only class.
BJ - Fun, but ultimately not the item for me. Makes Market Gardening damn-near impossible unless you really practice the specifics of using this for that purpose.
TC - Basically the piss rifle, only you hog the glory for yourself (instead of supporting your team) at the expense of a lower charge rate and an inability to bodyshot Medics.

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
BS - Nice change of pace, even though hitbox detection is still shitty.
AS - Not used yet.
TT - Not used yet.
BJ - Nice for shutting people up about the sticky launcher change. Also good for making sure less demoknights exist, which is always a good thing.
TC - PEOPLE REFUSE TO BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL THEM IT'S WONDERFULLY OVERPOWERED. YOU CAN DROP AROUND ANY CORNER AT ANY TIME WITH A 450 LINED UP AT A HEAVY'S HEAD.

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
I don't like the BASE Jumper, it fucks up my rocket jumping. :( Also, the Base Jumper should be Soldier only, especially in light of the Sticky Launcher reversion.

Now If the Base Jumper was just open when you held space, instead of toggled, I would use the shit out of it.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
TC - PEOPLE REFUSE TO BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL THEM IT'S WONDERFULLY OVERPOWERED. YOU CAN DROP AROUND ANY CORNER AT ANY TIME WITH A 450 LINED UP AT A HEAVY'S HEAD.

By this logic, Heavy is "wonderfully overpowered." You know the map room on Badwater? You can drop down as a Heavy and straight-up murder anyone down there. You'll outdamage an Engineer's ability to repair his sentry. The issue is that the situations where you can actually use this or The Classic's ability just don't happen very often.

Hawkeye

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
The backscatter is pretty much the spy knife of jailbreak so i like it and the only reason i like the classic is the effect of you blowing to bits as i shoot your head :) (And i'm still wondering how shooting a guy's head litterally blow him up)

TheThirdMark

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
The BASE jumper in my opinion is worthless. All it does is make you a floating target if you chose to deploy it, and I dont know how many good opportunities you could even get on using it.

The B.A.S.E. works perfect as a soldier with the Air Strike or the Beggers Bazooka. Raining death from above. Specially when you get hit by an enemy pyro. The heat from your burning body makes you move up in the air where you can hang for about 30seconds high in the sky.
Or as a critted demo. Tossing nades and stickies over walls where you, for once, actually get to see what you hit while spamming.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
The B.A.S.E. works perfect as a soldier with the Air Strike or the Beggers Bazooka. Raining death from above. Specially when you get hit by an enemy pyro. The heat from your burning body makes you move up in the air where you can hang for about 30seconds high in the sky.
Or as a critted demo. Tossing nades and stickies over walls where you, for once, actually get to see what you hit while spamming.

The Black Box actually works well with it. The +15 health/hit helps to offset the damage taken during a rocket jump.

That said, I still prefer the Reserve Shooter or the Concheror with the Black Box.