• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Self-ProclaimedAgg

Uncharitable Spy
I got to thinking the other day what got me started on tf2 and why I stayed playing the game for so long. Decided to do a commentary video about it. Let me know what got you guys into the game I think it would be interesting to see everyone's different stories.

Here is the video if you want to take a look!!

Reactions: Chance

Wrath

Positively Inhumane Poster
Team Fortress Classic.

TF2 is not a proper 'sequel' but it is fun in its own category.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
>Play it on Xbox at a friend's house
>Go to Halloween party and people are dressed as as sniper, demoman, spy, etc
>Download game
>Play game
>Quit game because soldier was overpowered as fuck
>Realize later it was a donator on nighteam
>Blacklist

And then I played about 2,500 hours of it.

I also remember seeing the cover art of TF2 on an Orange Box commercial when it came out, and thinking, "Boy that game looks really shit."

Little did I know what would happen to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir Cakez

Jswars

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Used to play Team Fortress mod on Quake 2 (grappling hook :megusta:), then moved on TFC, and now TF2 :)

brassdynamite

Mildly Menacing Medic
I always loved finding new spots for my sentry and started to frequent dustbowl and camp like a pleb. Then I found the direct hit as a drop...

I recked shit.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Skial blue text tiem

> be 13-14 year old me
> playing second life
> some guy talks about tf2
> "Whats fortress 2 team?"
> cheeky cunt tells me to google it
> googles it
> finds trailer

> mfw watching it
> ask brother if my computer can run it
> "well you can run TF2 but not the rest of the games from orange bo-"
> "I DON'T CARE I JUST WANT TF2"
> bought that shit
> enjoyed it ever since

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
When I was a codfag, one of my buddies showed me him playing sniper on 5Gorge.

I tried the Xbox version and played Dustbowl 24/7, until I heard of the PC version.

Reactions: JonJon

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
it was free to play once and i owned people as a heavy on egypt was good times

sov

Legendary Skial King
I was looking up "free games" to replace counter strike source and combat arms. After hard searching I found Team Fortress. Best of all my computer back than ran it smoothly.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
It started for me as a kid playing Half-Life (around 1999), and then installing (but never playing) and running around empty maps in TFC going "Man, I wish I wasn't on dial up so that I could play this." Played CS beta in my schools computer lab. Bought the Orange Box for HL2, as at the time I finally had a computer that would run it, installed TF2 and did the same thing I did with TFC due to still having a shit connection. Got around to playing CS: Source with a few work buddies on off hours, and then tested the TF2 waters. Finally got myself a decent, non-dial-up connection around the start of Mann Vs Machine, and have been playing steady ever since.

I still have the original pirate burned CD's and keys from the days when Sierra games was still a big name (not an old name resurrected), of Half-Life Game of the Year, Opposing Force, and Blue-Shift.

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
Finally got myself a decent, non-dial-up connection around the start of Mann Vs Machine, and have been playing steady ever since.
decent, non-dial-up connection around the start of Mann Vs Machine, and have been playing steady
non-dial-up connection around the start of Mann Vs Machine
non-dial-up connection around the start of Mann Vs Machine
6b14766cb9336e6e4d29cecf5f0cd8a7.png

bd7e12e510d5c0fc500edac9c3eaa479.png

dafuq is wrong with you