Have you had this problem?

• yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Tominator368

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Hi, I have been having an issue with Minecraft. For some reason, many times when I right click to place a block I will place two blocks instead of one. Usually when this happens, there is a lag spike visible on the f3 performance graph. Oddly enough, however, when I set the view distance to far the problem tends to happen less frequently. Please leave a comment if you know more about this than I do, I would love some helpful tips on how to prevent this. Thanks!
UPDATE: The problem seems to have gone away now that I have more RAM on my computer.

Tominator368

I haven't had this problem before on our minecraft server.
Sorry I meant this as a general thing involving just my computer. This is something that happens to me, not specific to the Skial server. Just asking a question. Sorry if I mislead.

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It is involving lag to a certain point. When you right click for just a slight second to long it will place another. Or it could just be your mouse (usually tends to happen with wireless ones).

Tominator368

It is involving lag to a certain point. When you right click for just a slight second to long it will place another. Or it could just be your mouse (usually tends to happen with wireless ones).
Thanks, that does make sense. I knew it had something to do with lag, and I use a wireless mouse. For now putting the render distance on short works, and i'm not sure if this will help but I'm getting some more RAM soon for a different reason. Thanks for the info.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
I've had the problem, but that's just my terrible computer and 3rd world internet connection.

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Thanks, that does make sense. I knew it had something to do with lag, and I use a wireless mouse. For now putting the render distance on short works, and i'm not sure if this will help but I'm getting some more RAM soon for a different reason. Thanks for the info.
Wireless mouse is probably the main cause along with the lag.