• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That would make RR so broken, yo. Considering how good it is already, and the fact it + wrangler is probably one of the most obnoxious combos out there.
True but let's be honest, how often do people even use the full charge cow mangler shot anyways. It'd be just a little tweaking to better fine-tune the engineer. The rescue ranger is known to cover the sentry from a distance and allow the engineer to be more mobile but imagine if a sapper gets placed on it, you'd have to run all the way to it completely eliminating the purpose of the rescue ranger.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
True but let's be honest, how often do people even use the full charge cow mangler shot anyways. It'd be just a little tweaking to better fine-tune the engineer. The rescue ranger is known to cover the sentry from a distance and allow the engineer to be more mobile but imagine if a sapper gets placed on it, you'd have to run all the way to it completely eliminating the purpose of the rescue ranger.

One of Engineer's weaknesses is that he has to monitor his buildings. Being marked as "defensive" class, he doesn't have the luxury of mobility. If you want that, play Mini-sentry engineer.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Or you'd just run a homewrecker pyro.

Reactions: DaivdBaekr

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Or you could be like me and just put the level 3 sentry in the stupidest place you can think of to get a few kills before it gets destroyed. It's gonna get destroyed sooner or later anyway so you might as well have fun with it.

TurkîVulture

Positively Inhumane Poster
It's not that difficult to play sniper.
you'd be surprised, and try when you are sniper to only get head shot's, that's where the skill comes in to play, cause any sniper who goes for body-shots are filthy casuals who don't deserve the title of being called a sniper

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
any sniper who goes for body-shots are filthy casuals who don't deserve the title of being called a sniper
A kill is a kill. Just because someone doesn't use a weapon the way you want them to use it doesn't change the fact that they still got a kill on you. Sometimes it can't be helped if your target is in a position where their head is covered and their body isn't. Anyone competent player is going take what they can get out of any situation. If I see you running back to spawn wounded but I can't get a clear shot on your head then I am going to body shot you and not care about how mad you get afterwards.

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
you'd be surprised, and try when you are sniper to only get head shot's, that's where the skill comes in to play, cause any sniper who goes for body-shots are filthy casuals who don't deserve the title of being called a sniper
anytime you awp in csgo and don't get a headshot, i'm going to call you a filthy casual.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
You should look at the headshot percentages of the top snipers... Like, max and jake and paragon.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
One of Engineer's weaknesses is that he has to monitor his buildings. Being marked as "defensive" class, he doesn't have the luxury of mobility. If you want that, play Mini-sentry engineer.
Thing is though, that's the whole point of the rescue ranger, engineers don't have to be glued to their sentry guns but, going back to my other point, sappers render the rescue ranger useless in that situation.
Or you'd just run a homewrecker pyro.
Kinda boring just sentry guarding, don't ya think?
Or you could be like me and just put the level 3 sentry in the stupidest place you can think of to get a few kills before it gets destroyed. It's gonna get destroyed sooner or later anyway so you might as well have fun with it.
Allows the sentry to live longer though which is even more fun. Is that not what valve is after? Make the game more interesting so more play it?

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Rescue ranger is there to help improve moving up, as a whole, as well as being able to heal with no metal. Its not there to be super aggressive. Especially not in the competitive world, which is what I see and play. In the competitive world running a wrangler/RR means your sentry gun can waste an entire uber, and have a chance of the sentry not actually dying. It means you can hold out forever. Having a pyro play WITH you, means if he's running the homewrecker he's going to not only remove the spy from play, but he's going to save your sentry and prevent the enemy team from pushing without uber or without a sneaky play from demo/soldier. The RR is perfectly balanced at this point, and adding an extra bonus to it would either force valve to add an extra negative effect to it, or force UGC to ban it, and change the entire metagame of pushing times and sentry placements.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy

Actually, headshots are rather more luck-based than bodyshots are. Skill's important, mind, you, but you'll see a lot more headshots screwed through bad luck than you will bodyshots.

They're still worth it when a body shot just won't do, mind you. I just felt the need to clarify on that point.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Actually, headshots are rather more luck-based than bodyshots are. Skill's important, mind, you, but you'll see a lot more headshots screwed through bad luck than you will bodyshots.

They're still worth it when a body shot just won't do, mind you. I just felt the need to clarify on that point.
Saying headshots are luck based is the same thing as saying having a good sniper win over a bad sniper is luck based.

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
i killed killerzebra once so id say its luck based considering im bad at games

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Thing is though, that's the whole point of the rescue ranger, engineers don't have to be glued to their sentry guns but, going back to my other point, sappers render the rescue ranger useless in that situation.

Kinda boring just sentry guarding, don't ya think?

Allows the sentry to live longer though which is even more fun. Is that not what valve is after? Make the game more interesting so more play it?

Well... if it didn't have a counter, the weapon would be OP wouldn't it then?