• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
The issue is you lose your overall movement, because when you unscope you still are slowed down slightly, but your airspeed is still the same.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Aren't you a comp sniper, zebra?

this must really suck for you :(

as for me, doesn't effect me much, considering I don't play sniper. When I do, though, I use huntsman.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
For those wanting to know. Valve fixed this issue:

Where the sniper could jump the frame after shooting to cancel their scope faster.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I never really saw the appeal in being the absolute best in counter-sniping, anyways.

After the element of surprise is gone it turns into a quickscope and A/D button mashing competition. More fun to just relocate for a while or change classes.

Vincenzo

Positively Inhumane Poster
I main sniper and I actually love this update. Now in a sniper verses sniper battle, the person who wins is the person who gets the shot first, not the tryhard who quick scopes and immediately jumps 5 times in a row before finally landing a hit.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
You could theoretically bind a script to mouse1 to switch your weapon (Cancelling your scope), jump to move, and switch back, in basically the same moment. You'd get the same effect, if only just a little slower. Its not really about being able to see extra things, especially in comp, its about the motion, and continuing to move.

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I main sniper and I actually love this update. Now in a sniper verses sniper battle, the person who wins is the person who gets the shot first, not the tryhard who quick scopes and immediately jumps 5 times in a row before finally landing a hit.
Because sniping in a trade server is SOOO hard.

Vincenzo

Positively Inhumane Poster
I haven't been on trade ny in a while now. Call me a scrub but I stick to valve hightower servers and 2fort ny now.

No offence to skail, but trade ny has really turned into shit.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
oOOoO.gif

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I mean, you can still second scope. Sniper v sniper is hardly every about aim, it how hard the other player can force the other one to shoot first. Which is the main reason why I've come to really appreciate the ambassador because it takes away the whole having to scope in and thus there is usually a lack of this kinda stuff.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I would not worry about it. Somebody will find a way to bypass it i'm sure and maybe find something easyer then jumping. Don't know what but i'm sure theres something.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
You can still jump cancel with The Classic when noscoping, so I guess this is a buff to an otherwise (and still) crappy weapon.

FISH KILL

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Much needed nerf in my opinion. Now sniping will actually take some skill instead of who can mash their space bar and A/D keys to win.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That thing is just pesky, it's not overpowered.

You could literally kill the engineer then sap all his buildings and he could respawn before the sapper destroyed them.
Slow at destroying but delevels things way too quickly. As ster said, you have to be hitting the sentry the moment the sapper is placed for it to do nothing.

I actually think it'd be kinda cool if valve gave the rescue ranger an ability like the cow mangler where pressing MOUSE3 would slowly release a super-charged projectile [consuming and requiring 4 projectiles] that destroys the sapper and heals the sentry for half it's current health (ex. If sentry had 100 health after sapper was destroyed, it would gain 50)

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
That would make RR so broken, yo. Considering how good it is already, and the fact it + wrangler is probably one of the most obnoxious combos out there.