• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My definition of being a good spy is camping by the health and finishing off weakened classes that go after it.

Sakiko

Contributor
as a person that plays a spy most of the time they are fun to play and alot more hard to play then say a sniper - i would vote them the worse class of TF2

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
DaivdBaekr said:
Biggie I swear if you're one of those scouts that runs backwards, forwards, empties his FaN, then runs backwards again, we're through.
: devilkiss : I know what's going on my bucketlist.

Apple 3.14

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
hahah yeah someone with a frag clip can only be good

*Hei is a retired platinum Spy
*ALl of his clips were from UGC platinum matches
*Frag clips demonstrate how Spies can be useful
*Demonstrates when to strike at the right time in order to maximize full effectiveness
*Sarcasm thinks Spies are useless in competitive even though this guy is a platinum Spy
yep totally agree with you

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Then good spies will avoid said pyro and focus on other support classes besides the med. Or, they go CnD and call out, or use DR for paranoia and that only. Otherwise, those are the mark of bad spies you pointed out.

Also, they aren't useful in competitive? Watch Hei's frag movie and tell me again pls.

To be honest, hei's plat, and he's probably one of the best spy's in NA. AND most of his stabs are based off the team setting up his kills for him. I'm talking gold division, where you get stabbed 1-3 times a game as a medic, and the rest of the time going "sigh, spy DR'd again, he'll be back in about 8 seconds, oh look, there he is"

Sakiko

Contributor
All classes not just pyro should be spy checking, melee the team mate near you he dies then you got a spy!

Centaur_Marauder

Mildly Menacing Medic
Spy is a good class. When there are five snipers in opposing team and they dont let you even to poke your nose out of spawn that's what annoys more than the whole Spy class itself.. I love to drive snipers paranoid and make them chaise me with melee ))

Apple 3.14

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
To be honest, hei's plat, and he's probably one of the best spy's in NA. AND most of his stabs are based off the team setting up his kills for him. I'm talking gold division, where you get stabbed 1-3 times a game as a medic, and the rest of the time going "sigh, spy DR'd again, he'll be back in about 8 seconds, oh look, there he is"

My mistake then. You were implying all spies in competitive, but this is from what you've seen in gold. I can understand, since it seems a lot of spies seems to use DR these days and I honestly have no idea why (probably because they're having trouble with staying alive).

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer
*Hei is a retired platinum Spy
*ALl of his clips were from UGC platinum matches
*Frag clips demonstrate how Spies can be useful
*Demonstrates when to strike at the right time in order to maximize full effectiveness
*Sarcasm thinks Spies are useless in competitive even though this guy is a platinum Spy
yep totally agree with you
just because someone does well at a class doesn't mean he's useful

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
My mistake then. You were implying all spies in competitive, but this is from what you've seen in gold. I can understand, since it seems a lot of spies seems to use DR these days and I honestly have no idea why (probably because they're having trouble with staying alive).
This is what I've seen from iron to high gold... I know a good bit of plat, as well. But clearly you know more than me.

Raccoon99

Epic Skial Regular
On the other team, I'm neutral on spies. But a good team spy? Best thing i could have with my team when i'm Demo.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Honestly IMO the Spy breaks the game ENTIRELY.

Imaging playing on lazytown_lazynite, You have a sentry there. The map gets crazy enough as it is, 2 scenarios: when you have a demoman/heavy-medic combo they can wreck some shit OR a spy will just backstab y'all and sap your sentries. The scenario changes everything, you're on edge, the spies can be anybody anywhere, unless of course you have a good pyro.