• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Apple 3.14

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
Invis watch is best watch imo. DR has it's uses but after the nerf I find it better to stick to the stock watch or cloak and dagger if I have to weave through the map a little more slowly.

I would use Dead Ringer for paranoia purposes. But in my opinion, the IW can create just as much paranoia as the DR. You just need to make a lot of illusions (which is much more simpler with the IW) and good picks and there you go. Instant paranoia!

sov

Legendary Skial King
spies? Depends if they're platnium mains-only-spy-UGC-use-my-first-place-ugc-platnium-badge-on-my-loadout spies :\

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just going to put this here...
_sfm__dead_ringer_spy_by_colorblindbrony-d5ndx81.png

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Mge on FirePowered servers and practice on walkway (and when I mean practice on walkway, I meant practice hard). Trust me, it will be rewarding after months progress. I almost feel like I have Hei's amby arm whenever I use it.
i feel like spy skill level is scaled off gamesense so practicing in mge as spy is redundant, and practicing in walkway wont help your aim because you're just practicing against players with terrible movement. If you're gonna practice amby aim just play on koth, because that seems to have the most scouts

Apple 3.14

Contributor
i feel like spy skill level is scaled off gamesense so practicing in mge as spy is redundant, and practicing in walkway wont help your aim because you're just practicing against players with terrible movement. If you're gonna practice amby aim just play on koth, because that seems to have the most scouts

I disagree, since MGE and walkway has helped me to understand about lag compensation, and made my twitch aiming better as well. All you have to do is apply the practice in-game if you're derp pubbing or lobbying.

EDIT: Actually, you are right, but it doesn't hurt to practice on getting better aim with the Amby. If you do practice with the Amby, you have a lot more openings and advantages over the enemy. Improvisation is key with playing Spy correctly.

Last edited:

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Second favourite class.

Sometimes a hassle to play against competent enemies, but it's always good to point-kill targets in a quick and efficient way.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Spy's are just annoying, at this point. They aren't good, they aren't very useful in comp, except to say "Hey, their medic is in the same spot as every other medic, because meta dictates they should be there"... Then they drop down, whiff their stab, get burned, turn on DR, and run away. To do the exact same thing. All game.

Good spies get shut down by good pyros, I'm just saying.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Yup, just spent the last 30 minutes killing a trash-talking LFT steel spy over and over because he wouldn't put away the DR or stop trying to stairstab.

At one point he even admitted "I'll give you this, pyro. You're not completely retarded."
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Apple 3.14

Apple 3.14

Contributor
Yup, just spent the last 30 minutes killing a trash-talking LFT steel spy over and over because he wouldn't put away the DR or stop trying to stairstab.

At one point he even admitted "I'll give you this, pyro. You're not completely retarded."
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That Spy is really,really,really bad then.

Apple 3.14

Contributor
Spy's are just annoying, at this point. They aren't good, they aren't very useful in comp, except to say "Hey, their medic is in the same spot as every other medic, because meta dictates they should be there"... Then they drop down, whiff their stab, get burned, turn on DR, and run away. To do the exact same thing. All game.

Then good spies will avoid said pyro and focus on other support classes besides the med. Or, they go CnD and call out, or use DR for paranoia and that only. Otherwise, those are the mark of bad spies you pointed out.

Also, they aren't useful in competitive? Watch Hei's frag movie and tell me again pls.

Apple 3.14

Contributor
Hey! You can't say that! He was L-F-T in Steel!

Tryharding pub-plebs such as myself should be ashamed to dim the brilliance of their superiors.

Well, you did mention that he kept on using dead ringer 24/7 and kept on trying to stairstab.