• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I laid a trap of 12 regular and 2 critical Scottish Resistance stickies on a path to the intelligence room on 2fort.

A Dead Ringer spy walked into them and absorbed their blast damage, then later backstabbed me in the face.

Class is fucked.

Reactions: sov and Apple 3.14

Apple 3.14

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
I laid a trap of 12 regular and 2 critical Scottish Resistance stickies on a path to the intelligence room on 2fort.

A Dead Ringer spy walked into them and absorbed their blast damage, then later backstabbed me in the face.

Class is fucked.

gg david

Khed

Positively Inhumane Poster
Mapper
Every time I see two or more spies on the other team I become that paranoid pyro spreading fire everywhere and spy-checking every living entity.
tumblr_ma1f5eYPUb1qmp4f4o1_500.png

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Spy is definitely the most creatively used class, and personally I like to play spy, but I find it frustrating dying every 10 seconds after respawning.

Someone.

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
I love playing Spy.

Hate going against one that is good with the Ambassador though (just leave me alone, dammit)

Reactions: Khed

Apple 3.14

Contributor
I love playing Spy.

Hate going against one that is good with the Ambassador though (just leave me alone, dammit)

Mge on FirePowered servers and practice on walkway (and when I mean practice on walkway, I meant practice hard). Trust me, it will be rewarding after months progress. I almost feel like I have Hei's amby arm whenever I use it.

Apple 3.14

Contributor
Spy is definitely the most creatively used class, and personally I like to play spy, but I find it frustrating dying every 10 seconds after respawning.

Take shortcuts and avoid enemies. Read their movements and go in the opposite direction they are moving. If you're on dustbowl and you're being spawncamped, call it a gg.

But in all seriousness, just play Spy a lot and it will be instinct to avoid enemies.

P.S. Avoid your bonk! scouts since they will take the same shortcuts as you do and draw a lot of attention which will make infiltrating even more difficult.

Last edited:

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
If one gets my med, I get no treats.

In all seriousness, a good spy can completely fuck your team inside and out. He is a pain in pyro's ass especially with that darn spycicle.

Apple 3.14

Contributor
If one gets my med, I get no treats.

In all seriousness, a good spy can completely fuck your team inside and out. He is a pain in pyro's ass especially with that darn spycicle.

2bad said pyro will never find that spy. *whispers* he was never there before he started spychecking.

Have to agree though; a good Spy can support his team in a lot of ways, creating openings for them, if said team is overall communicative as well.

Apple 3.14

Contributor
They did nerf the dead ringer. Whenever you take damage once the dead ringer is activated, your supercloak (function that makes spy's take A LOT less damage) shortens instead of it's original 6 seconds of full immunity.

Apple 3.14

Contributor
Eventually, the dead ringer Spy will die a lot more quicker. The nerf was caused by the Enforcer usage I think.

I honestly think it's a good nerf, because it punishes spy's for bad movement and rewards spies with good movement with being alive.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Invis watch is best watch imo. DR has it's uses but after the nerf I find it better to stick to the stock watch or cloak and dagger if I have to weave through the map a little more slowly.