• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Zefyre

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Yes, sorry. I meant to type kunai but went with kukri instead. It happens sometimes. As for the diamondback, it's a little-known fact that you can actually shoot it without crits. Crazy, I know, but it's true. Three shots will kill a sniper, and finding a razorback sniper that manages to actually get to dodging mode by the third is a feat in and of itself

but the amby only takes two well placed shots and if you cant land the second one the enemy will be more weakened than a shot from the Diamondback

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
but the amby only takes two well placed shots and if you cant land the second one the enemy will be more weakened than a shot from the Diamondback

Keep in mind we're:

1. Discussing a hypothetical situation where you don't have crits on the Diamondback (as in, you ignored absolutely everyone else to make a beeline for the razorback sniper that is apparently on his own)
2. Talking about missing a second shot, which should only happen with the amby, since you need to re-aim for the body instead of just holding left click, giving time for the fastest snipers to react (hitting the second shot with the Diamondback means that the Sniper would be 1 hit from death, same as amby)
3. Assuming that you can't matador stab said sniper after stabbing his razorback away (assuming he's even paying attention enough to care about that)
4. Talking about a situation where you're using the loadout wrong anyway (see side note on #1)

The Kunai/Diamondback combo is meant to be used in the example of a Heavy/Medic pair where the Medic is a PITA to stab or headshot. You stab the heavy, turn around, and kill the Medic with the crit. This is an example of the situation where it would work well, but keep in mind that it's not the only situation. Heck, any time there's someone that's a PITA to backstab, this works. Alternatively, you could try taking out the sniper from a distance after using your Kunai elsewhere. The extra health means that a headshot won't kill you.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
392CFF7F3428D0132DD1533F27639EED8D298B6E

Reactions: Chance

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So what I'm getting from this thread is that none of you can think of a loadout that isn't amby/knife/dr.

How about Diamondback/Kukri/Invis? You get 180 health + crit for each backstab, allowing you to get a stab on someone and immediately use said health. Invis, of course, puts you in a position to get that stab. I'm not a big fan of the Kukri myself, but that's because I'm kind of a trash level spy.

i dont always run amby/knife/dr

Pancake.exe ( Not responding )

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Yes, sorry. I meant to type kunai but went with kukri instead. It happens sometimes. As for the diamondback, it's a little-known fact that you can actually shoot it without crits. Crazy, I know, but it's true. Three shots will kill a sniper, and finding a razorback sniper that manages to actually get to dodging mode by the third is a feat in and of itself.

In that case, you're going to want best hat 2014.

2pzebl1.png

Mercenary badge is very important.

In all seriousness, though, I'm a fan of the Distinguished Rogue and am saddened by the fact that it seems to not be represented here at all. I don't know, maybe I just like the whole fancy thing.

Edit: As a side note, does anyone know a site or some such that allows you to preview cosmetics? I had some set ideas that I realized wouldn't work and I thought maybe it would be nice to preview them beforehand.

Edit2: Found one. Loving it, too.
You forgot red tape recorder in your loadout

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yeah, I realized that after I posted it.

Red Tape Recorder: Useful for teaching newbies that unlocks are not always better, even situationally, and nothing else.

That thing used to be broken as that furniture I got from a yardsale.

Now the thing is pretty much a step above useless.