• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Damien

Mildly Menacing Medic
We really gotta stop meeting like this, guys. Anyway, I made a very long video commentary about the recent events in the TF2 Portal13 map which I made; where a glitch was found recently. And upon trying to explore the glitch, myself and multiple other members of the skial community were banned for a week.

I know this isn't a ban appeals forum. I'm not asking for an appeal in this thread. This is a thread with the express purpose of showing all the skial admins and users what's going on, and giving you my feedback in video form because it's simply too much to type.

Please note that the language used in this video is not appropriate for younger audiences.

http://www.twitch.tv/damientf2/c/5101330

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Shits on squeakers, calls the admins assholes. GG

Cries admin abuse, his ban was justified. Another GG

Last edited:

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't even know how you have time to play TF2 with all the dates you must have, what with your charming personality and all.

Damien

Mildly Menacing Medic
Ok let me reiterate:

Someone alerted me that there was a glitch found on my own map that I created
I wanted to recreate it myself so that I could see how it was done and fix it
Found out it is a !rtd related glitch and not specific to any design flaw
Ran around and had some fun in the meantime in the middle of the night with other regulars
Someone cried admin and banned everyone who was in there for a week
No skial admins are ever around to police the community and this is done by the server regulars
No other users contribute entire custom made maps free of charge
No other users are specifically targeted like I am
This is clear admin abuse and all bans should be removed because not only was it deliberate, but you are biting the hand that feeds you

Either way, the vid is much better because I am awesome.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Ok let me reiterate:

Someone alerted me that there was a glitch found on my own map that I created
I wanted to recreate it myself so that I could see how it was done and fix it
Found out it is a !rtd related glitch and not specific to any design flaw
Ran around and had some fun in the meantime in the middle of the night with other regulars
No skial admins are ever around to police the community and this is done by the server regulars
This is clear admin abuse and all bans should be removed because not only was it deliberate, but you are biting the hand that feeds you

Short version: "You're mean and mean and mean and not nice!"

Reactions: Sargent¥

Damien

Mildly Menacing Medic
Well you guys could take the time and have the courtesy to prove any of the things I've said wrong or debate me. It's obvious you don't want to hear the truth, and that's fine if that is your perogative. But you all have low tier, private, or F2P backpacks and somehow think you have an opinion on the trading community. You don't. This is our playground guys. Let the people who know what they're doing run it. You clearly do not, and I certainly didn't do anything to you guys on any personal level. Nor did any of the people who were in that server.

I don't even care that the majority of you guys are underage furries and bronies. It's not my business what you're into, I don't care. But you are not going to abuse the very people who keep your servers running and contribute to it. You will NEVER control any of us and regardless of what you say or do; we still have the cumulative ubiquitous collateral in the trading world. You need to understand that and you need to respect that.

Damien

Mildly Menacing Medic
Suck it up. You have no one else to blame but yourself.

How is that? It wasn't my implementation of a roll the dice that lets your player model be so small that it can skirt under the teamfilter on the spawn door. That is YOUR fault for enabling it. My map does not have a design flaw, your server mod hacks are the issue and because the players involved used no exploit or hack, no one is guilty of the alleged exploit/hack abuse that you claim. So long as !rtd tiny mode is enabled, it is your own damn problem, and certainly not mine. Do you understand that?

Read that again.

No one used a hack or an exploit. The roll the dice mod enables people to do what was being done. It is your fault. Accept it. I used no exploit, hack, hex editor, re-written deompliled .exe, or any such modification. NO ONE DID ANYTHING WRONG. It is directly the fault of the server setting to enable people's player models to walk through a teamfilter in tiny mode.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Well you guys could take the time and have the courtesy to prove any of the things I've said wrong or debate me. It's obvious you don't want to hear the truth, and that's fine if that is your perogative. But you all have low tier, private, or F2P backpacks and somehow think you have an opinion on the trading community. You don't. This is our playground guys. Let the people who know what they're doing run it. You clearly do not, and I certainly didn't do anything to you guys on any personal level. Nor did any of the people who were in that server.

I don't even care that the majority of you guys are underage furries and bronies. It's not my business what you're into, I don't care. But you are not going to abuse the very people who keep your servers running and contribute to it. You will NEVER control any of us and regardless of what you say or do; we still have the cumulative ubiquitous collateral in the trading world. You need to understand that and you need to respect that.
I'm sorry, I can't respect you at all if you're going to throw around generalizations like it's going out of style. Only a few people have actually replied to this thread including myself. Your standing in trading fake virtual hats means absolutely nothing to me when all I can see is that you're full of hot air. If you want to play on Skial's trading servers, you also need to respect the rules that follow it. Just because it was your map being used doesn't make it your server. The community is what makes Skial great, but I cannot take you seriously when you whine about getting banned for a map exploit.

How is that? It wasn't my implementation of a roll the dice that lets your player model be so small that it can skirt under the teamfilter on the spawn door. That is YOUR fault for enabling it. My map does not have a design flaw, your server mod hacks are the issue and because the players involved used no exploit or hack, no one is guilty of the alleged exploit/hack abuse that you claim. So long as !rtd tiny mode is enabled, it is your own damn problem, and certainly not mine. Do you understand that?

Read that again.

No one used a hack or an exploit. The roll the dice mod enables people to do what was being done. It is your fault. Accept it. I used no exploit, hack, hex editor, re-written deompliled .exe, or any such modification. NO ONE DID ANYTHING WRONG. It is directly the fault of the server setting to enable people's player models to walk through a teamfilter in tiny mode.
My fault? It sounds like you are desperate to put the blame on anyone. The plugins aren't there to be abused and glitch through the map. Map exploits are also found on valve maps, and it's no different. Seriously, come on man. You wanted this map put on Skial's server, so why not fix it so it can't be done via !rtd?

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor

Read that again.

"I found out an exploit and was using it to my advantage and didn't bother to report this to anyone. Now because I am banned, I will put the blame on the method I used instead of my own fingers that typed in what was needed to exploit."

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Meowcenary banned everyone else for less, actually. Because they haven't repeatedly broken rules.
I assume by "around" you mean constantly in-server.

There are 62 Skial servers.
Let's assume admins spent 3 hours a day in one server or another.
(That's an unrealistically high average but your expectations are unrealistic so why not)
For 24-hour coverage 8 admins would be needed per server
(We'll also assume there's no overlap and admins leave when another gets on every 3 hours, to maximize their usefulness)
So that ends up being 8 admins * 62 servers.
A very optimistic and conservative estimate of 496 unqualified and largely unaccountable admins.
Everyone has to follow the rules. Mappers, admins, donators, F2Ps, big traders, yes, even you.
Following up on a report =/= targeting.
No, it isn't. No, they won't be. And no, we aren't.

Reactions: Chance

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'll go ahead and debate this seriously since I'm curious to see where it'll go. So I went ahead and watched (or rather listened since it was a vlog) the video and there are some points that I disagreed with. I'll go ahead and nip the first one in the bud,
12:30 "Some admin who has a personal issue with me bans everybody."
This statement came off as more of an oxymoron to me than anything. If an admin does have personal issues with anyone they would just ban that one person and ignore others, right? In your case Meowcenary didn't just ban you, he banned everyone who was exploiting and thus would be enforcing the rules equivalently amongst all offenders.

16:43 "I didn't make the exploit."
This was another strange point I noticed. I understand in this case that you made the map without noticing this exploit but how is this a justification to actually performing the exploit. You say it was an investigation/having fun on your own map but spawncamping during this investigation seems completely unnecessary. Why would you need to repeatedly kill enemies to look into an rtd bug?

11:00 "I'm not trying to toot my own horn."
You say this but you immediately turn around and post this here:
while this is just emotional minutia this is more my way of telling you that if you want serious debate you shouldn't be flipping between a modest and superior tone towards others since that only evokes emotional banter.

Bad points aside there were some points I also agreed with. I agree that we should have admins check in on Trade more often since it is indeed a more populous server and that an admin's power is rooted in the community that they discipline, but don't forget that the community also includes that one person who didn't like the spawncamping enough to report you all.

Damien

Mildly Menacing Medic
"I found out an exploit and was using it to my advantage and didn't bother to report this to anyone. Now because I am banned, I will put the blame on the method I used instead of my own fingers that typed in what was needed to exploit."

You will note that it was my first day even learning about this when I was in there, as I stated multiple times even in the beginning of the stream which is available for watching, that I wanted to recreate the glitch and see exactly what it's limits were. I didn't break the map. The tiny mode did. It is skial's own implementation of this new roll the dice feature which causes this and therefore not a map design flaw, as no one used any type of external hack or modification. On technical terms, since it is a globally available situation available to all players due to its very existence and implementation, it is legal as per your own terms of service and server rules, because it is part of the server itself and not from any external hack.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
On technical terms, since it is a globally available situation available to all players due to its very existence and implementation, it is legal as per your own terms of service and server rules, because it is part of the server itself and not from any external hack.
We define exploiting as the use of a bug or glitch present the game's own programming to give the player an unintended advantage. While plug-ins aren't part of the game's original programming we still treat plug-in abuse as a form of exploiting because one is still using the program for an unfair advantage that was unintended by the original programmer. RTD wasn't made so that people could bypass barriers with the shrink roll. You admitted to using it for spawncamping along with your investigation, which is exploiting.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
RTD is on just about every trade server and it is the same plugin. Shrink has been an option for a very long time.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor

You were not banned for personal reasons as we aren't allowed to do that nor would we do that as that is irresponsible as a whole, you were banned because you can't seem to follow rules that we must enforce. The rules themselves aren't something ridiculous, they are rather basic and many of the other users you were playing with could follow them with no struggle, why you couldn't is beyond me.

Last edited:

Wilson King of Prussia

Uncharitable Spy

Exploit, Oxford definition:

Make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand:
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/exploit

Example: Using a path only accessable under a certain rtd effect to enter the enemy spawn and camp there, which is not supposed to be possible and highly unfair to the team you are camping.

Probably gonna watch your 20 minute rant over a trading metagame inside another videogame later to tackle some other issues, for now this is enough to prove the ban is rightful.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Damien, you were in Blue spawn along with 80% of red team. You were a engineer so you likely had a teleporter up spewing reds into blue spawn along with a sentry inside blue spawn somewhere, along with all the other red engineers.

I gave out two very visible menu warnings to leave that are near impossible to miss unless you're completely AFK (and you clearly weren't because you were going on one of your "im the creator of the map" rants)

You didn't leave after two warnings so I banned you and started to get to work on the others. I gave you a ban because I've seen your history. You have two other punishments and I've came close to silencing you twice for vote abuse but didn't due to lack of solid evidence (even though you were definitely guilty as fuck), plus you've been here long enough to know the rules. Because of this I'm not giving you slap on the wrist punishments like I did for some of the others.

Also, as far as I can tell you weren't "testing" the exploit for the greater good of Skial with the intent of informing the admins. You were exploiting the daylights out of it and refused to leave after two very visible warnings.

Follow the rules and you'll have no problems with the admins. Ignore their warnings and continue breaking them and you'll be punished accordingly.

I'm not going to fuel this hate thread further so I'm out.

Have a departing cat gif

lU79YRq.gif