• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Fish

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
I'm here on behalf of RubbishyUsername to copy and paste what he said and to advertise his website. I make some of the SFM art used in his letters. He wrote all the stuff below. Not me. I just copy paste and hope for the best. Any support would be much appreciated.

bannerjpeg.jpg

Hello, I am RubbishyUsername, and I would like to advertise my new website Open Letters to Mann Co., which you can find at www.manncoletters.com.

There I study game design and how it relates to Team Fortress 2. But not in the way you can examine the level design - I feel you guys handle that particularly well (looking at you, grazr <3) - but instead by challenging they way we design weapons. Those of you you who have heard of the story behind the Equalizer and the Wrangler may know the power of Community Suggestions, and I want to develop the feedback between Valve and the community to become more than just hats and maps.

But to do that, I need people to be interested in what I have to say and willing to discuss ideas. Yet it must not devolve into the "stat suggestions" I see on so many popular weapons on the workshop. Effectively, people need to think before they talk. They need to apply game design.

But in the interests of actually making my articles interesting, I will do far more than that. Here is what you can expect to learn from just the few articles I have uploaded already:
  • Why you need Soup to be a better Soldier!
  • Terrible puns!
  • How to make a Grordbort weapon that DOESN'T imply a horrible dystopian future where bad weapons are commonplace!
  • How to mix a layered cocktail - with instructions for a B52!
  • Did I mention the terrible puns? Because I'm looking at them now and MAN, they are bad.

I upload with a brand new weapon design every Wednesday, so be sure to come back tomorrow and have a look.

http://www.manncoletters.com

Zefyre

Gore-Spattered Heavy
This thread should get way more attention because this seems really awesome and has a future!

Toxik

Contributor
Never seen this thread before, I thought it was going to be something completely different, since there's a new fad of making fake "open letters" to organizations
I like your ideas man :D keep going! Eventually you might get attention from Valve or something, along with a little support from the communities :)

Fish

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Never seen this thread before, I thought it was going to be something completely different, since there's a new fad of making fake "open letters" to organizations
I like your ideas man :D keep going! Eventually you might get attention from Valve or something, along with a little support from the communities :)
Thanks for the support! Though it's RubbishyUsername that actually writes the articles.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Now theres a thing I like:
- On detonation: stickybombs bounce around randomly before exploding