• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

itsjustjaden

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hello, I'm new to this forum and I can't seem to post anything on the steam forums for some reason so I'm gonna post my problem here.
I've been receiving 0 item drops as of late and I don't know why.
There was some sort of notification box, and then a new item popped up. I was going to view the item, but the item disappeared and that notification box was still there somehow.
Checked inventory, nothin.

I don't remember what it said, but I'm not receiving any drops.
There's still achievement items tho.

TurkîVulture

Positively Inhumane Poster
Hello, I'm new to this forum and I can't seem to post anything on the steam forums for some reason so I'm gonna post my problem here.
There was some sort of notification box, and then a new item popped up. I was going to view the item, but the item disappeared and that notification box was still there somehow.

This isn't a skial problem, valve is responsible for items and item drops, even if you were playing on a skial server all items and drops are processed through valve and there item server

Dr. Doctor

Mildly Menacing Medic

Valve gives every player so many drops a week. Wait until Thursday, you'll get more.

TurkîVulture

Drop system resets every thursday. You should look out for one.
Valve gives every player so many drops a week. Wait until Thursday, you'll get more.
Although this is true, I believe this is not answering what he is saying, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that he's saying that he's getting the drops, it's just that they "disappear" and never show up in his inventory, I see that this might be a glitch on valves item client and it is making him lose found items

Dr. Doctor

Mildly Menacing Medic
Although this is true, I believe this is not answering what he is saying, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that he's saying that he's getting the drops, it's just that they "disappear" and never show up in his inventory, I see that this might be a glitch on valves item client and it is making him lose found items

That's a common bug in TF2, especially with custom HUDs.

Wrath

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Item_drop_system

A lot of users were complaining about the drop system when I played today, but you have to keep in mind that the Valve servers are not the most stable. My last drop before I hit the limit this week was a Fortified Compound. I believe the time that counts before a random drop is halted if your connection to the item servers is interrupted and only until it is re-establishes itself, does it resume counting up till your next drop. If you get the icon but click it and it disappears, chances are it may not have been an item, if your con to Steam is interrupted and someone lets say, buys the $100 ring, then it gives out a message across the servers when it is accepted.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you F2P? Since the Uber Update, F2Ps have their drops limited, as well as having no chance of finding specific items. (By how much I don't know.)

itsjustjaden

Scarcely Lethal Noob
kden
  • Been experiencing this for the past week or so
  • I am f2p
  • I have pvhud
  • I just achieved a few milestones and successfully getting the items
Meanwhile, it's thursday, so I might get something for once