• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

snowflake

Unremarkable User
After being asked too many times about how to do this, I wrote up a similar tutorial compared to the one I initially used. I also created a small helper video to accompany the written portion. Making my rounds to the different TF2 forums to share. Idlers, UNITE!

Video & Text Tutorial

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Seems like the guy has tourettes, and whats the difference from using sandboxie and just normally idling?

snowflake

Unremarkable User
Seems like the guy has tourettes, and whats the difference from using sandboxie and just normally idling?
Haha and Sandboxie lets you run multiple instances of Steam at the same time. I run about 10-12 accounts every 12 hours from my desktop. It is 5 years old or more and have 8GB of RAM. If I try to do more, it freezes up so I just stick with what I know works.

Xtreme2damax

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I've been using sandboxie and text mode idling for the past year. With Windows Vista & 7 you don't need to worry about moving the steamapps folder or tf2 folder/files. Just copy everything in your steam folder except the steamapps folder to a directory on the root of your C:\ drive.

I have mine set up like this.

C:\idle\steam1
C:\idle\steam2

etc..

Then I just make a symlink to my steamapps folder (Credit to Facepunch for this):

Code:
cd C:\Idle\steam1
mklink /D steamapps "C:\Program Files (x86)\Valve\Steam\steamapps"

I don't use a .bat file to launch the accounts though, never had success with that, so I launch each steam and tf2 hl2.exe process manually.