• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Been noticing this exclusively on Skial. The killboard and hitsounds will randomly stop working for periods of time, then will suddenly catch up (posting every kill missed all at once). Anyone notice anything like this? Is it my computer?

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This happen to me when I lag but I haven't noticed it in a while.
Ya, it's just weird because my latency never spikes, and I've only ever noticed it on Skial, so I wasn't sure if killboards as well as hitsounds require communication with some server side element that isn't functioning properly or what.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I do not believe it is exclusive to us as I have had it happen to me during matches in UGC

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I do not believe it is exclusive to us as I have had it happen to me during matches in UGC

Same, this problem has been around for a while since I remember it occurring to me as well. It is most likely client-side, not that big of a deal.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's gotta be latency related since I only get it on 32 player servers.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Never happens to me. Do snd_reset and/or verify your game files.
That would reset the sound, but I don't see how that would help with the killboard. I've already validated my game data, so that wasn't it.... Just an odd problem tbh. Not gamebreaking by any means, just annoying.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
What is a killboard? Are you talking about the kill panel?
The scrolling list of people that have been killed. Usually seen in the upper right hand side of the screen on most GUIs. I do not know "official" names of screen elements for TF2 as I am not a GUI designer or TF2 coder. However, I am sure most people can easily figure out what I meant. Its not rocket science lol.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Those are kill icons and the it shows it in the kill panel or kill feed.

I can't imagine it being a Skial related issue, since no one has ever complained about it. It is most likely something on your end. FPS or Ping lag.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Those are kill icons and the it shows it in the kill panel or kill feed.

I can't imagine it being a Skial related issue, since no one has ever complained about it. It is most likely something on your end. FPS or Ping lag.
Ping was never above 40, FPS never below 150.

Running Nvidia GTX 770 4GB,
i7 2600k
16GB RAM
Raid 0 array with 2 SSDs

I doubt hardware lag.

I'll keep an eye on it on other servers and see if I notice it elsewhere. I've dug around the web and see some others reporting the same problem so it could be something else.

sov

Legendary Skial King
it happened to me before but now it stopped. If the hit sound or kill feed did not update (after 5 minutes or less) i would be kicked from the game for something like "failed to connect to game" or something like that. Just verify your files or it may be your internet connection. It doesn't happen to me anymore. It is not a hardware thing. It is more of a steam/internet/tf2 servers problem. It'll go away in a while, it did for me atleast

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
it happened to me before but now it stopped. If the hit sound or kill feed did not update (after 5 minutes or less) i would be kicked from the game for something like "failed to connect to game" or something like that. Just verify your files or it may be your internet connection. It doesn't happen to me anymore. It is not a hardware thing. It is more of a steam/internet/tf2 servers problem. It'll go away in a while, it did for me atleast
Hmmm... I'll try a full clean install see if that helps.

Bottiger

Administrator
Ya, it's just weird because my latency never spikes, and I've only ever noticed it on Skial, so I wasn't sure if killboards as well as hitsounds require communication with some server side element that isn't functioning properly or what.

No it doesn't require communication with the server.

You can test this by connecting to a server with high ping. When you fire it doesn't play the sound half a second later.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I've seen this on other servers too but I have no idea what could cause it.