• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Dude the Conga taunt is made to be infectious in every sense of the word. A single person could have the taunt and 32 fucking people could be doing the same. The game is clearly meant to pander to fucking friendlies .

No they clearly made the game and are expanding it with MGE mod in mind. Duh. Why would they ever want people to actually play the game as they released it if MGE mod works?

JonJon

Legendary Skial King
I highly doubt Valve added it in with that mentality.

Regardless it doesn't matter. As Bottiger pointed out, the majority of people seem to want to play the game normally so as long as that's the case the rule will remain
So remove Love and War taunts?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So remove Love and War taunts?

I didn't suggest to remove anything.

My point is I assume Valve added the taunts in to let some players screw around with enemeies from time to time, but I doubt their goal was to turn entire servers into 2 hour conga parties and crouching sandvich heavy fests.

Either way, Skial has the no friendlying rule for a reason. Even if Valve's goal was to destroy any competitive gameplay that doesn't mean removing the no friendlying rule would be a good idea.

Bottiger

Administrator
Valve doesn't always know or even want what most players want. Otherwise they would never have implemented quickplay and removed 32 slot or fast respawn servers from the default pool.

Do you just expect us to ignore all the complaints about people being friendly for long periods of time like this http://www.skial.com/threads/ban-the-conga-taunt.51226/ ?

You will also see complaints like this on other forums, not just ours. Valve probably made it because they ran out of ideas to fit the theme for the update and it is something for the mann co store.

It is not because Valve knows best and if they made an item for friendlies then this game is for friendlies.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Another problem with friendlies as Maddo mentioned is that not only do they end up sandpitting an entire server to Conga, any poor soul who actually wants to play the game ends up on the receiving end of vote abuse quite often.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I still don't get why people insist on friendlying on higtower and other servers instead of doing it on trade and idle where its allowed

I'm starting to suspect part of their fun is pissing other people off and being dead weight to their team

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I still don't get why people insist on friendlying on higtower and other servers instead of doing it on trade and idle where its allowed

I'm starting to suspect part of their fun is pissing other people off and being dead weight to their team
I can confirm this is true of the majority, I used to hardcore friendly about 2 years ago and this was part of the reason it was so fun.

Psycho Robot

Mildly Menacing Medic
Its your right to ban friendlying on servers you administer if you so choose, but to suggest that the sole intent is to piss other people off is just plain wrong. The reason people will often attempt friendlying on hightower is because we were already there because we like that map. Then someone starts congaing and we join in for a few minutes. Then we go back to playing normally. Nobody is trying to piss anyone off and the reason we don't all go to trade/idle for our spontaneous brief conga parties is self evident.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Its your right to ban friendlying on servers you administer if you so choose, but to suggest that the sole intent is to piss other people off is just plain wrong. The reason people will often attempt friendlying on hightower is because we were already there because we like that map. Then someone starts congaing and we join in for a few minutes. Then we go back to playing normally. Nobody is trying to piss anyone off and the reason we don't all go to trade/idle for our spontaneous brief conga parties is self evident.

You can only speak for yourself. I'm sure there are plenty of people who enjoy pissing people off by friendlying

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor

When someone wants to friendly... it sandpits other people, while some people still want to play the game. This causes things like rage, vote abuse as well as a lose-lose situation with friendliers complaining about getting killed, and other people complaining about friendliers.

TF2 is a SHOOTER. The idea is to kill people... not doing so is just going against what the game's purpose is.

An aside also is that Congas have lasted HOURS on end in the past. Anyone tries to break this?
Vote abuse.

The only way to fix things like this is for admins to clean up the mess.