• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It's annoying when people friendly in a non-trade server. I want to play, not have people on my team being completely useless because they'd rather conga around the map than actually shooty mc shoot shoot.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Personally, I don't think the rule needs to go, just perhaps be relaxed, and maybe only on hightower. E.g. 5 minute conga is okay, 1 hour conga is not okay. I would imagine other regulars would agree, but I suppose we'd need to hold some kind of poll. I'd expect there would be a decent percentage that would like it abolished completely.
First off, thanks for hanging in and keeping your head so the rule can be discussed. A lot of people prefer to just leave some rant posts and log out, and that gets nobody nowhere.

Second, I think the rule is reasonably enforced as-is. Most people already post demo evidence of at least 30-90 seconds of people being friendly, and most admins spend at least that long spectating or warning people before banning them. And speaking strictly as a player, after that long I start to get annoyed that I don't have a contributing teammate using that slot instead.

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
Every time I join hightower everyone is killing each other, not friendlying. A ocassional player will friendly, and every once in awhile there are a handful of people trying to have a friendly party, but they're still the minority.

The point being is friendlies are the minority. People join to have a normal round of TF2, not a friendly fest.

The point is, 32 player, fast respawn Hightower isn't a "normal" round of TF2. 32 player, fast respawn, any map, isn't "normal" TF2, its Call of Fortress 2, Deathmatch with Hats Edition.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The point is, 32 player, fast respawn Hightower isn't a "normal" round of TF2. 32 player, fast respawn, any map, isn't "normal" TF2, its Call of Fortress 2, Deathmatch with Hats Edition.

The only difference I see with Hightower is that people generally don't like to cap, they treat it like a death match map. But that's the thing, death match is all about killing the other team which makes banning friendlies even more justified.

You can argue that there is no objective to advance because players don't like to cap on hightower, but that would still be beside the point. Nearly everyone joins to shoot each other, even if they don't want to play the objective.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I personally enjoy playing friendly occasionally. However, when I do I do it in the right place (such as idle or trade). These servers are meant for a regular gameplay experience with some twists (fast respawn for example) that some people enjoy. I can see why people dislike our no friendlies rule but like Bottigger said we make our rules based on what the majority of people enjoy. For now you will have to not play friendly.on Hightower.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I personally enjoy playing friendly occasionally. However, when I do I do it in the right place (such as idle or trade). These servers are meant for a regular gameplay experience with some twists (fast respawn for example) that some people enjoy. I can see why people dislike our no friendlies rule but like Bottigger said we make our rules based on what the majority of people enjoy. For now you will have to not play friendly.on Hightower.
BANNED

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
nuh uh no

Nope too late

jCBaTZg.jpg

RIP