• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Opst3r (Narwhal Lover)

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I am a regular on Skial, and I took a little break from TF2 a few days ago. And I came back to find that Harvest 24/7 had been changed to a 32 slot server. Instead of a 24. Now, Harvest is a small map. As you know, and 24 people on it was crazy as it was. Now 32 people? That is just stupid. And not that fun.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I am a regular on Skial, and I took a little break from TF2 a few days ago. And I came back to find that Harvest 24/7 had been changed to a 32 slot server. Instead of a 24. Now, Harvest is a small map. As you know, and 24 people on it was crazy as it was. Now 32 people? That is just stupid. And not that fun.

Really? For a server group that runs 32 person Dustbowl, you think that 32 person Harvest is a bad choice? Harvest may be small, but at least it's open.

Edit: Also, just checked, and it's still 24 player for the servers that show up in my browser.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I can't find the quote but Bottiger basically said 32 slot servers with fast respawn were the most popular before Valve made the quickplay changes that took a lot of new players away. So he switches some servers over to 32 slots which can help keep them filled up.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Really? For a server group that runs 32 person Dustbowl, you think that 32 person Harvest is a bad choice? Harvest may be small, but at least it's open.

Edit: Also, just checked, and it's still 24 player for the servers that show up in my browser.

Harvest EU is 32 slot but the ones in the US are 24 slot

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Yeah I would think harvest with 32 players is a bit of a frag fest. If you feel that strongly about it, make a thread in the suggestions subforum, and see how many share your viewpoint.

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i am a huge harvest palyer and i can confirm that 32 players isn't that bad

the server isn't that full most of the time anyway

Major Vezon Dash

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
If they have a 32 person Harvest server, they should have a 24 Harvest for those people who can't use the US server due to ping issues.