• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

ClassyPotato

Positively Inhumane Poster
Why are you intentionally handicapping yourself, for a challenge, when you've got every tool in front of you. Why pick the club, when you can grab an enchanted sword of enemy team slaying?
I see your point, though the only reasoning I can give you on why I like medic so much is this

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Even though it's my second least played class -- Pyro.

Flamethrower can be used almost entirely for support by extinguishing and spychecking, going full assclown and ambushing/M+M1ing crowds of people, or anywhere in-between.

Shotgun does nice chunks of damage if I'm not quite in flamethrowing range, and helps win Pyro vs. Pyro fights if I'm going in at a disadvantage.

Homewrecker's nice for supporting Engineers, obviously. Sometimes I just use it like an Axtinguisher to mess with people, though.

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
scout because it's the best class

for almost every kind of matchup

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I like the two assassin classes. Sniper and Spy.

Spy: I always loved playing stealth games. One reason why I do love playing spy. Hitbox abuse is also a pretty fun thing to do, especially against rage W+M1 pyros, and I just love the headshots from the ambassador.

Sniper: In general, I like the assassin classes because they tend to be more difficult than the other classes. With a sniper, missing a shot is like missing a backstab, only less punishing. Whereas you have to hide if you're spotted as spy, people typically hide from you if you're spotted as a sniper.

DaJaKoe

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Engie. I become one of the most important members of the team, able to erect sentries to ward off hordes of enemies, dispensers to keep my teammates in top condition, and teleports to field combatants quickly and efficiently. With a single pybro nearby, my sentry will be able to operate in safety from any of those wretched spies. I also know when to use my mini-sentry for its most important yet unspoken purposes: shrouding the minds of my enemies with an irrational amount of anger and frustration!

Pyro. When I become one, I am suddenly able to pin-point spies that could otherwise take out vital buildings, remove strategically important snipers, or even kill medics about to deploy ubers that would've made/kept the current battleground in our favor. I'll also be able to airblast away enemy ubers, rendering them near useless, likely sowing the seeds of distrust among the other team, leading them to question the effectiveness of their medic or the one who received the charge. I make use of the lowly homewrecker, I lack the Maul and Neon sign thing, to give engineers as much help as possible, saving them from frantic, and possibly in vain, rushes to quickly remove a sapper from their failing creations.

Spy. I will admit, my weapon combination is not exactly unique. I make use of the Spycicle and Dead Ringer. This enables me to move behind their lines undetected. In the event I am detected and without any hope of escape, I will attempt to attract as much attention to me as possible, keeping the enemy busy and away from the front lines, where my teammates will be able to complete their objective with a little more ease. Should I have my cloaking device and melee weapon prepared, I will attempt to stay at the front of any charges I take part in, as I see myself as a useful meat shield, which could either block the attacks of a sentry while an ubered heavy fires on it, or sap it quick enough for someone to immediately deplete its health.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
No, I would die so that the heavy can properly fire on the sentry without the knock-back taking him out. And there are likely to be a few others firing on the uber.
it's usually the medic's duty to stand in front of the sentry to prevent knockback on the heavy. Since you know, the medic is also invincible.