Duped Unusual

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by ironliondoor, Feb 14, 2012.

1. ironliondoor

ironliondoor Spectacularly Lethal Soldier

Steam:

I think the unusual I just bought is duped..... Will it be removed? What do I do?!??! I don't want all my 4-5 months of hard trading to go down the drain just like that :S
  2. (cYs) Del Piero

(cYs) Del Piero Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight Contributor

Steam:

If you think it's duped why did you not check it before you bought it? Makes more sense then checking it after you bought it..
  3. Steak

Steak Epic Skial Regular Contributor

Steam:

instead of being helpful/useful del choose the path of the useless comment... cant change the past can only help the future
  4. ironliondoor

Steam:

I didn't even think the gym rat was duped when I first bought it, then I realized its duped just now ;s
  5. ironliondoor

Steam:

6. Rvsz

Rvsz Banned Contributor

Steam:

If your item gets deleted (which I doubt), you'll get the items you traded for it restored.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. ironliondoor

Steam:

Yay, thanks for the information :D
  8. Xel'Naga

Xel'Naga Moderator Staff Member Contributor

Steam:

Valve never deletes duped items, because they know that doing so will seriously harm the person who bought it legitimately.

Your dupe isn't going anywhere. And you had no idea that it was duped (if it was even actually duped, at all - I tried to check the hat's trade history but TF2Items isn't loading that hat for some reason), so nobody's going to hate you for it. As long as you're not the one duping items, nobody really cares about the dupe. Unfortunately, it's become so common that it's laughable.
    • Informative Informative x 2