• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

lolthis

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I was just playing one of your servers and first someone tried to ban me for hacking or cheating, it failed, then about 10 mins or so later someone (guessing the same person) voted to ban me for griefing, and I got banned for 30 mins.
Now, where is the evidence that I cheated or griefed? I'm not tech-savvy enough to use aimbot or to hack or something, I wasn't talking in chat, all I was doing was playing and killing. When someone starts a vote, most people just click yes or no to get rid of it, they don't care if it's true or not. It makes sense that more people voted yes the second time, because they saw it was the same guy and they just voted yes so they didn't have to do it again. The real reason I probably got banned is because someone kept getting killed by me, and the best way to get back at me was to try and get me banned, it's pretty pathetic and childish, but it worked.

It's only a 30 minute ban and I was playing for a while so it doesn't bother me so much, it's the way it's done that bothers me. All you have to do to get someone banned is to keep starting a vote ban until enough people vote yes. What if he decided to vote me for hacking or cheating the second time? Would it have been a permanent ban then? This makes me wonder how many of your permabans are unjustified.
Do your admins/mods look into those?

Sorry for the big wall of text for just a 30 minute ban, but if there's one thing I despise, it's being accused of something I didn't do.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
It would not have been a permanent ban, no. The only times you get a ban higher than 30 minutes, are when an admin bans you. What was the name of the person trying to voteban you?

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
The vote menus only last 30 minutes, you could have 30 vote menus against you and all will be 30 minutes.

If you believe they were false votes, I suggest looking into reporting that person who called it against you. Of course you would need to gather enough evidence to show that it was vote abuse, and it will be handled from there.

The only way it would be a permanent ban would be if SMAC caught you using a cheat or you were actually using a hack and an admin banned you.

lolthis

Scarcely Lethal Noob
@Sarcasm I'm sorry but I don't know. I scrolled up to see who initiated the vote but I couldn't find his name in the player list, and a few moments later I was kicked and banned.
It was some weird combination of letters and numbers. Is there a way for you to see who did it?

lolthis

Scarcely Lethal Noob
@Biggie okay thanks for the explanation, how do I gather evidence of vote abuse? Like making screenshots of the voter's name or something? It might be too late this time, but if it ever happens again I will make sure to do it.
People like the one who got me banned ruin online gaming.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Yeah, there is. If you want to accept my friend request, we can chat real quick.