• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Astir

Legendary Skial King
Several other Belgians (as far as I know from my friends) and I sometimes have the problem that TF2 quits whenever we click continue when the advertisement is displayed. Is there any way to solve this? I don't have the problem always,neither do my friends. For example, 2 days ago I was able to play Team Fortress but HIMYM kept on crashing. Today the roles are inversed, I get TF2 closes without a warning or error message.

I haven't tried to play on other servers, because I'm only interested on playing here. I read that an solution is to put 127.0.0.1 motd.pinion.gg to my host file, but that didn't work out.

So, anyone that has a solution?

• Windows 7
  • Intel Core i7 2.2 GHz-3.1 GHz
  • nVidia GeForce GT 630M, 4 Gb cache
  • 8 GB DDR3 Memory

I didn't know whether to post this in the Team Fortress section or in the Technology section, so I posted it here (because it is a problem with TF2 only).

EDIT: it does work with the host file, I forgot the first number.

So for those who have problems as well:
  1. Run Notepad as an administrator
  2. open the hosts file in C:\\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (or System64) through Notepad
  3. If you don't see the host file in the folder, press Textfiles (*txt) on the bottom right, select all files
  4. paste 127.0.0.1 motd.pinion.gg on the bottom of the document, no # in front of this line

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I indeed have the same problem. 75% of the times i join a server or when the round switches i just go outgame, i get a message of hl2.exe stopped working.

Don't think this has anything to do with Belgium tho

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Actually you should rollback flash for other browsers, the newest version was causing crashes with certain ads. Pinion should hopefully have it fixed soonish.